Bollywood stars undergo many transformations to portray the desired role in their films. It may include training to showcase a perfect physique or gain weight to have a normal look, dance practices, special action performance training, sports training, and so on. Here we will look at the top 5 Bollywood actors who have gained weight for their roles in the film. Now the film industry focuses on biopic films. Therefore actors need to really up their game by looking just like the person they are supposed to play. For example, Lara Dutta played the role of Indira Gandhi in Akshay Kumar's starring film Bell Bottom.
1. Aamir Khan:- Aamir Khan is a perfectionist and is known to go all out for playing different characters in his films. As he is termed a perfectionist, he always takes care of minute details about his character. The actor Aamir Khan did the same for his sports drama film Dangal. As per the reports, he gained 27 kgs to play the role of Haryanavi wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat and fluctuated his weight throughout the film.
2. Salman Khan:- Another actor Salman Khan gained much weight by playing a wrestler was Salman Khan in Sultan. The film director Ali Abbas Zafar confirmed that Salman Khan went through three phases of the film and fluctuated his weight. Director also mentioned that he fluctuates between 78 kg and 82 kg, then goes to 90 kg, and then to almost gaining 100 kg. It was a really credible thing that Salman Khan did it while shooting the film.
3. Kriti Sanon:- Actress Kriti Sanon gained weight from her role in last year's film, Mimi. Kriti gained around 15 kgs to play the role of a surrogate mother. She was the latest actor to avoid prosthetics to make it more believable. It was reported that she wanted to gain weight for the film's second schedule to look pregnant without prosthetics.
4. Hrithik Roshan:- Hrithik Roshan is known for his perfect abs and is the hottest person in the Bollywood film industry. He keeps gaining and losing weight as per the demands of the role. Whereas he did the same while shooting for his 2019 film Super 30. He let go of his chiseled six-pack body to gain around 8 inches around the waist to play the role of Anand Kumar, a middle-class Math teacher.
5. Vidya Balan:- Vidya Balan is known for her natural acting and pioneering female-led films in Hindi cinemas. She did splendidly in the film, The Dirty Picture. The actress put her heart and soul into playing the role of Silk Smitha in the film. She also said no to prosthetics and gained around 12 kilos to fit the part perfectly. The film was successful at the box office.
Priyanka Chopra Gets TROLLED for Calling RRR A 'Tamil Movie'
Bholaa Review: Ajay Devgn takes you on an exhilarating ride of action and emotions
BLAST FROM THE PAST: When Satish Shah Had To Undergo 'MULTIPLE RETAKES' Because Of Shah Rukh Khan For The Famous 'SPITTING' Sequence In 'Main Hoon Na'!
Ponniyin Selvan 2 Trailer Twitter Reviews: Fans Are ECSTATIC With Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Depiction As A SCORNED LOVER! (View Tweets)
FINALLY! 'Shakti: Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki' Actor Vivian Dsena Opens Up On EMBRACING ISLAM, Second Marriage And Daughter
POLL: #Sairat Or #SaiYa - Which Is Your FAVOURITE COUPLE In Star Plus' Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin?
Tere Ishq Mein Ghayal: Kya Baat Hai! Karan Kundrra's NEW LOOK And CHEMISTRY With Nia Sharma Has The Audience SWOONING OVER Them (View Comments)
Anupamaa Spoiler Alert: Anupamaa Departs For London As Anuj Prefers Choti Anu Over Her; Mukku To Make A Surprise Entry
Fashion & Lifestyle
DirectoryMovies Company Celebrities
Copyright © 2023 Boppo Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.