Sunny Leone has definitely come a long way since her Bigg Boss days. A renowned Bollywood star and a philanthropist, Sunny started out in the 2012 film Jism 2 and has featured in a number of popular films like Ragini MMS 2, Kuch Kuch Locha Hai and One Night Stand.
Before her Bollywood debut, Sunny worked in the American Adult Entertainment industry. But the transition to mainstream Hindi films has not been an easy one. Leone had to face a lot of difficulties in making her place. She had to face hate and prejudice, owing to her past credentials as an adult film actress.
Reflecting on the time when she entered the porn industry, Sunny said in a recent interview: "At the beginning of my career, I received hate mails and death threats and all sorts of crazy things. When I first joined the adult entertainment industry, I said there is no way I will ever go to India as Sunny Leone because they are so angry at me."
Revealing her first encounter with trolls and people talking bad things about her, Sunny further added: "I was 19-20 when I got those letters... There’s a lot that affected me in a certain way that would not affect me now... However, I was alone so it wasn’t like I had someone to guide me, or say ‘it’s okay, relax, don’t worry about haters, there are so many out there’.
However, the actress was pleasantly surprised when she arrived in India. Because not everyone was scrutinizing her for her past and this was a major relief.
"When I finally came here, the majority, or let’s say 90% of the people, were not judging me. They were supportive. As for the remaining 10%, they didn’t matter," she adds.
On work front, Sunny is currently hosting MTV's popular dating show 'Splitsvilla 14' alongside Arjun Bijlani. She will also star in the Hindi remake of the 2012 Punjabi film 'Jatt & Juliet' opposite Manish Paul.
Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s ‘Shaakuntalam’ RELEASE gets POSTPONED once again; Makers post an official statement!
Katrina Kaif starrer FILMS to release & go floors THIS year’ including Tiger 3, Jee Le Zara, and more; Details inside!
Lovebirds Sidharth Malhotra-Kiara Advani will move into a sea-facing bungalow worth RS 70 Crore; CHECK INSIGHTS!
Arjun Kapoor grooves on Shraddha Kapoor new song Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar; Fans are loving it; Watch his take!
Spiltsvilla X4: Urofi Javed plans to retaliate against unruly contestants after her argument with them
Bigg Boss 16: Shiv Thakare manifested as BIGG BOSS 16 WINNER, and PICS shout out for his cheer!
Rakhi Sawant's husband Adil Khan Durrani gets arrested by Oshiwara Police; Check why?
Shark Tank India Season 2: Amit Jain offers the highest offer ever, the Unstop rejects it! Watch here!
Fashion & Lifestyle