Abhishek will reportedly give the base amount of 15 crores back to Prernaa Arora and will wrap the film under his banner.
By BollywoodMDB Team - April 9, 2018
The Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan starrer Kedarnath kick-started with a bang. The movie was in the limelight for all the right reasons but for the last few weeks, it had been surrounded by controversies. Initially, the movie was jointly backed by Prernaa Arora’s KriArj Entertainment and director, Abhishek Kapoor’s Guy In the Sky Pictures. But after their recent fallout, it is reported that the film will now be made only under Abhishek’s banner. If insiders are to be believed then Abhishek will repay a sum of 15 crores back to Prernaa and will wrap the film under his banner.
Talking about it, a trade source stated to the daily, "Abhishek and Prernaa talked across the table. Now, it has been decided that Gattu will reportedly give the latter Rs 15 crore that she paid him for the initial shooting. Once this money is settled, Abhishek will wrap up the movie under his banner."
Moreover, the daily also said that a superstar's brother is likely to help with necessary funds to Gattu for Kedarnath.
Earlier, talking about the next schedule of Kedarnath, a source told a leading daily, "After the dust settled down, both Abhishek and the producers (Prernaa Arora and Arjun Kapoor of KriArj Entertainment) realised they were personally invested in the film and did not want to hamper it in any way. Both parties sat down and resolved their issues. The case filed against Abhishek by Prernaa has been withdrawn as well."
The movie was scheduled to release in December this year, but as it went through the turmoil of controversies, it is not confirmed whether it will hit the theatres on the same date or not.
Arjun - Harshvardhan Kapoor starrer 'Chavanprash' from Bhavesh Joshi Superhero to be unveiled on Monday!
Varun Dhawan Interview: After working with Shoojit Sircar, it feels like I have worked with a good captain